April 1, 2011

Horsie

I bake cookies the way I would want to eat them. (extra chips) I teach yoga the way I would want to take it. (extra flowy) I treat others the way I would want to be treated. (extra gifts...hint hint) So, it should come as no surprise, I create art the way I would want to view it.


I like art that I can understand. I like art that I can appreciate without having to read hoity-toity theories, artist statements, missions, yadda yadda yadda, coughbullshitcough to understand. I like art that grabs my attention because I can immediately connect with it; not after I am told how to connect with it.

On view at Peel Gallery.

That's why I like Larassa Kabel. I get it. Giant horses. Giant, skillfully rendered, photo realistic horses. Cooooool.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Impressive art. I just wanted to say I looked through my Etsy favourites today and I saw your shop.. so much was added since I had seen it for the last time! Love it all.

seecodyrun said...

I love this post! I agree with connecting due to enjoyment, not after reading an explanation. Occasionally concept work is really cool and worthy of a second look. But I tend to be drawn to things that are just beautiful.

Lisa Chow said...

Emma - Thank you! I'm always a little nervous to see how new stuff is received.

seecodyrun - Exactly. Flashy colors? Obvious skill? Neato subject matter? Sold!