September 20, 2011

Chicagoland

It's been about a week since returning from my trip to Chicago for the Renegade Craft Fair so I guess I'm long overdue for a RECAP:

First, I kicked off my trip with some mandatory Magnificent Mile shopping where I ran into Woody. *insert distasteful joke* So, I did what any good tourist would do and struck a pose. Thereby, marking the start to many more embarrassing situations I would be putting my much appreciated, wonderful friend, booth bitch...ahem, booth buddy..., Amy, through.

You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't...avoid...the cowboys?

After an exhaustive day of shopping, Amy and I treated ourselves to an obligatory deep dish pizza. Look at that crispy pie crust. Feast your eyes upon that ooey gooey filling of cheese, sausage and veggies. Savor the ripe, red tomato sauce. Both Amy and I agreed it was...mediocre. Dare I say, I prefer.......New York style pizza?!?!!? =X

Leave it to this slightly lactose intolerant, soy milk drinking girl to complain it was "too cheesy".

The next morning, we woke up from our cheese hangovers to the first day of Renegade Craft Fair goodness!!! Prior to my Houston departure, I learned how to take panoramic photos with my camera. Big mistake. I was amusing myself with panoramic opportunities all weekend long. And as you can see below, I even enlisted Amy to bring my panoramic creative vision to life. It's three Lisas!!!

Shortly after this photo was taken, Amy deserted me.

After two days of Renegade madness, Lisa and Amy took advantage of the following morning to sit back and relax.


And to cap off a fun filled weekend, Lisa and Amy decided to celebrate by...no, not toasting...no, not with cake...but with buying SWATCHES!!!

Go, go Power Rangers! Yeah!

No comments: