February 24, 2012

Oracle

For the past few months, I've been surprised to find myself drawn to darker, spookier images and subject matters. And quite frankly, I like it.
While I still love my sweet, spritely, technicolored happy-go-lucky fairytales, I'm finding myself extremely intrigued by all things strange, mysterious and otherworldly. I suppose it was bound to happen.

I think this is what they call...growing up? Maturing? No, no. The art world has a much more pretentious word for it.

Evolving.

And while I recognize this new venture into occult tinged art might turn some away; I really hope it doesn't*. I really hope you enjoy and appreciate that just like you, I grow and change and so does my art.

And as the world turns...so do the days of our lives.


*And if it does...poop on you.**
**And once you've cleaned the poop off, please revisit me in July when I'll be debuting a new body of work that is...what I hope to be...beautiful and haunting all at the same time. See? I aim to please all! =D***
***No, I really do. It's a problem.****
****So are footnotes within footnotes.

No comments: